Subscribe:

Thursday, February 1, 2018

When greeks meet in the same company

"What the hell!?" 

I visit the other departments of the building, just because it is almost 10 o'clock in the morning, I don't have any requests YET and the third guy I will mention on this passage told me he was feeling dizzy. So, time for me to grab my self-made Freddo and (f/)roam around.


-Morning, want some donuts? I say to my fellow greek.
-Nah, I m on a diet, he says pointing his non- existent belly.
I smile to him and I proceed to the other one, I met after the first guy. The day I met him, he had submitted his resignation in order to move to a better and more well-known company. I offer him donuts which he rejects by telling me he eats sweets after lunch.
- I'll be back after lunch! I tell him with my eyebrow raised.
-Don't you threaten me! he points his finger playfully towards me.
-Traitor! We hear the voice of the third greek guy. And he continues with this way-to-be-balcan gesture of the mouth as if he spits on him. "Φτου σου ρε προδότη!" he says and we all laugh. Resignation in our company is a teasing material apparently.
He approaches the first guy who terrified when he sees him, tells him "I HAVE CLOSING re malaka, go away." (he knew we would start the blah blah) . He looks at me.
- I m innocent, he came on his own!, I protest.  I hand him the donuts, he looks at me in awe and he thanks me.

Ten minutes later, I receive a personal message on skype for business:
-Don't be so good to me. I don't deserve it.
-Hit yourself a little bit to make it more dramatic, I answer him.


A laughter escapes my lips and my day gets brighter, forgetting for a while that...
I HAVE CLOSING TOO!

Run for your ... invoices!
GL, AP and Europe Billing united (?).

True story, happened earlier today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?