Subscribe:

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Exercise to publish 1

With pen and paper on hand... Well, actually a keyboard and my blog. This is how I spend my time nowadays. I am writing the story titled "the night is fatal" or "the fatal night", whichever translation you prefer. Anyways, I write in Greek. Why? I think because back when i started it, i was not writing stories in English. Has this changed now? I wouldn't say so. 


Greek language is poetic. Or rather, I am more poetic in Greek since it is my native language.


Many people have complimented me on my English level, and truth is, I have tried a lot to be as best I can. I would like to take some courses on professional book writing, but they are a little pricey. I will have to think where to spend the amount of money that is requested. 

One of my dreams is to publish a book. And you know, it is not exactly hard to do so. Hard is the part of earning back your money. This is not my goal, although I would love it to become true.


So far, I only postpone it. There is always other priorities and I just don't feel ready.


Now, it's covid. I mean, I have covid. So my head is foggy and I cannot think straight. Story writing is demanding, as you have to come up with ideas, characters and even the situations you will put them in. 


It's a kind of weaving, but with words. And God, how much do I love books! My whole life is full of them. I always used to carry one or two in my back, borrowed from the local libraries. I used to have cards everywhere, because they would run out of my topics: psychology!


Now, things are digital, so I have saved around maybe 20-30 on occasions in a specific app, called Scribd. If you have never heard of it, let me know, I will guide you through it, as it is paid (8 eur per month roughly, but ABSOLUTELY worth it). I can give you a free trial of 2 months too.


Every night, or every time I am bored, I push the play button and I indulge into some audiobook. There s plenty of them.


"Ένα τσιγγανάκι είπε - Νότης Σφακιανάκης" is playing in the background at the moment and that made me remember that I haven't seen him (the singer) in my dreams, in ages now. I used to have a "thing" for him, or as we say in English "crush". There was a major issue, however, few years ago, in regards to his political views, and I think my admiration of him, started declining anyways. Maybe I simultaneously grew up and found new hobbies? I don' t know. But I remember i have posted the dreams I have had of him here on my blog. You could look him up, his surname is "Σφακιανάκης" and his name "Νότης".

I had named Notis (his name) my very first original teenage crush. His name had absolutely nothing to do with that, but I could somehow make Notis derive from Panagiotis... He did not appreciate it I have to say haha! 


Anyway, I m not going to write anything more, because the text is already long enough and I want people to engage and not leave the page just because shit look long.


Enjoy the rest of the Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?