Subscribe:

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

The wedding part 20

She immediately called Leo who was sleeping at that time. She grabbed the paper from a shop on her way to work. 
- Leo wake up, they saw us together. I got the magazine with our headline.
- Oh fuck, he cried out loudly.
- Yeah, are you awake to tell you the story I fed the reporter? I panicked and couldn't think of anything better than what you told me, she was shivering.
- I hope for something simple, but yeah I am awake. Calm down babe, it's okay whatever it is. I will manage something.
- I told them we met for a private event...
- Ok, I had told you that, good.
- Yeah but I think I made a mistake. 
- What is it baby? he frowned on the other side of the line.
- I told them I knew you already.
- Excellent, he let out and smacked his head. Now they will grill me. I will have to think of something.
- Wait. I told him I knew you because we met in the privacy of a hotel room. I didn't know if he knew that and now that I m looking at the paper, they knew. Of course, someone from that hotel told them.
- Okay, then, your story matches, all good. Thanks for letting me know sweetheart. 
- Oh yeah, I panicked so much, I have to calm down and go to the office. 
- Will I see you later?
- Leo, are you sure you want to risk it?
- For you yes.
- My place?
- I will pick you up if you are a good girl. 
- Me, never. 
They hang up. 
He picked her up from her work very discreetly. They went to her place. He was driving a commonplace car so he was carefree to drive around. He was very often using sunglasses, but that day was not very bright, so he avoided them. They didn't kiss, just in case.
They did, once they went to her place. But he was not in the mood for sex for the first time. He apologized and they sat on the couch to discuss.
- I understand you are stressed honey, she said softly and brushed his hair.
- But this has never happened before.
- Don't focus there. Can we just kiss? I missed you.

They kept kissing for long time. They actually lost track of time until her phone rang. It was William's message : "Will I see you tonight?". She replied " I don t feel very well today, maybe another time". She started avoiding him. 
The next days her interview became public but at least there was no photo of her. It was the same paper. Thankfully it was a local one and not very popular. So, the story would get easily forgotten by everyone. She had taken some time away from everyone and everything and focused on herself. 
She went on a trip to Edinburgh. She had fun but was missing something, and that something was Leo. She picked up her phone and called him.
- Hey stranger, she said to him.
- Hi there, he replied in a husky voice. His voice gave her the chills.
- I miss you, she explained. That's why I called you.
- Are you having fun in Edinburgh? 
- It's not as fun as when you are with me, she flirted.
- I know. And I have news. I am going on a small tour with work next week.
- Ah right when I am back, she felt bad. She wouldn't see him for a couple of weeks it seemed. 
- Yes, and then I am off to discuss some matters about the divorce with my ex wife.
- Soon to be, she corrected him.
- Yes, soon to be ex, he agreed with her.
Photo by Leonardo Yip on Unsplash


Minutes later her phone rang again. 
- Hi Jessica, how have you been? It was William's voice on the other line.
- I am fine. Came to Edinburgh for a short get away.
- Yes, I saw the story you posted on Instagram. That's why I called. When are you back?
- Next Tuesday, she explained. 
- Can I pick you up from the airport? I missed you. Or will you be tired?
- Sure, no problem.
- What time are you arriving?
- At 14.00 I am landing, if there is no delay.
- Got it, I will take you for lunch in that case. 
- Great, she exclaimed and they hang up.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?