Subscribe:

Monday, January 2, 2023

The wedding part 18

She was feeling uncomfortable seeing him there, but tried her best to have a good time. And she did. Occasionally William would kiss and touch her and Leo would try not to look at them. When the time came to sing his new song, he dedicated it to someone special in the crowd, generally. Press was always present and he had to be careful to not let his emotions overrule him. 

In his break he had to change clothes, customary part of his performance. Although he didn't. He went from table to table claiming to do some socializing around and taking few photos with the fans. He hurried to their table and asked how they are doing and the couple thanked him for the champagne. Jessica managed to cover it up one more time mentioning the wedding and his performance and the topic ended there. 

The next day the press had released a new article about him and his "downfall", because he didn't change clothes for the performance. But the fans loved him, so this posed no serious issue for him. He called her early in the morning, but she didn't pick up. She texted him "I am at work right now, will call you later". And she did.

- What was all the drama last night? she asked.

- You had the guts to show up with him in my workplace, he uttered.

- It was William's idea for my birthday and I didn't know where he wanted to take me. And in the end of the day, your job is to be an entertainer! Did you see the papers?

- Yes damnit, I did. But I don't care, all I care is that I don't want to see you with him again.

- Leo... I think we are over. 

- Tell that to my face, I said. I m coming to pick you up after work for dinner.

- Ok, she said and they hang up.

They went in a nearby restaurant, which was not so well known. 

- I don't think so this meeting was necessary, she said coldly.

- I wanted to see you. I missed you. 

The appetizers arrived. He got her hand in his. 

- Till when will you punish me? I don't know what else you want. I am almost done with the divorce, have some patience and then we could be together normally. Look, we are finally having dinner. Do you have any idea what this may cost me if anyone sees us together?

- I know, she replied calmly. Thank you for doing that, I had missed you.

They finished their food and went to her place to have steaming hot sex. The night arrived and he had to go to his performance. He kissed her forehead, exchanged some love words and they moved on.

She was seriously thinking of William. To break up or not? Leo had been persistent and patient with her too. He knew about William and still remained. But that was their deal from the beginning. They would be a secret couple. And now they had the chance to be a more normal couple. 

She called William the next day. She wanted to make sure about her feelings. William arrived at her place and knocked on the door. They had a coffee and a nice chat when he dropped the bomb: 

- I want us to move in together, he expressed. 

- I think this is too soon, William. We are dating for about 3 months. We said we could take things slow.

- I know Jessica, but I am in love with you. I cannot stay away from you.

- I m not sure I feel the same, she said.

- I understand, and you don't have to, he replied.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?