Subscribe:

Friday, December 30, 2022

The wedding part 17

Indeed he left the next week for the upcoming month. The time passed pretty fast with some phone calls in the meantime but not much of touch. She was busy meeting with William who helped her renovate her house, paint the walls and select few new furniture. They spent some time watching movies and going on dates. But her heart could not forget Leo. The sex with William was not love, she couldn't feel it.  Leo returned but they still hadn't met. The papers got ahold of his divorce and had him giving interviews and kept him busy and low profile. 

He was calling and texting her occasionally. "I miss you", he was telling her. The time was not kind to them though. They couldn't meet. So she continued her life normally bonding with William.

One evening he showed up at her door uninvited with flowers in his hands. She was getting ready to meet William, so she was caught by surprise. 

- I was not expecting you, she said to him.

- I wanted to see you, I missed you, he replied to her.

He leaned for a kiss while giving her the flowers. But she backed off.

- I don't know Leo. It 's so complicated. I have moved on.

- We can move on together. 

- It will take time. I saw you on the magazines giving interviews about your divorce. I don't know for how long I can keep hiding.

- But don't you have any feelings for me?

- I still do, Leo, but I have a man who takes care of me as I deserve. I cannot let him go. Who knows what this story between us brings. And now if you 'll excuse me, I have to go and meet him.

He left but his pride was hurt. He wanted her, the same way. Plus, now he was excited that his divorce was on its way and he would soon be free to spend his time with her.

The evening with William was great. They discussed about many different topics and even books they liked, had a coffee and then ice cream. They ended in her place and for the first time they slept together on her new bed.

Few more days down the line and the communication with Leo was cut. He respected her wish and had left her alone.

On her birthday William prepared a great surprise for her. He had booked a table where Leo used to sing in the nights and took her there without her knowing. They both liked his songs and they sat near the stage. She knew someone would sing, but did not know who it would be. So her surprise was immense when he came on stage. 

He wished everyone good evening and started the program. He took a while to see her in the crowd but when he did, he couldn't sing properly. His emotions overtook him and he ordered a bottle of champagne for them. William was confused but Jessica could cover it up saying that he knew Leo personally because he sang in her wedding party and probably recognized her. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?