Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The wedding part 29

 - What the actual fuck ?! he exclaimed. 

- Oh, I feel better telling you. I missed talking with you. What... what do I do? 

She was panicking. She had none of that in her mind when she called. All these because she was tipsy. She didn't like how William approached her as he called Leo an asshole, but on the other hand... maybe he was a bit of an ass? No, God, she didn t know. 

- What do you want me to tell you? Leo asked. 

- Nothing, she retreated. 

- Jessica are you ok now? Like, now. You sound weird. 

- I am tipsy, I won't lie. 

- Oh my God Jessica! Where the hell are you exactly?

- In Vilnius. In a restaurant. 

- How the fuck are you going to return to your hotel? Do you have any idea miss?

- Yeah, idiot, I will walk opposite. I am in a restaurant that is opposite of the hotel. All good. I was too tired to go out. 

- Ah, he growled. 

- Yeah Leo, I missed you. But I am staying longer. How about you? Any news?

- Yes, he replied and they went on for another quarter of the hour talking on the phone. 

When she hung up she felt relieved.  And she knew she missed him. She drank some more and then headed for her bed. William texted her again but she saw it the next morning :" When are you returning?" 


Her traveling time was up. She had to return home slowly. She could maybe steal another day or two, but that was none of his business... Or was it? Would she tell him she was returning? She left her phone aside and prepared to go for sightseeing. William was making her think too much for the time being and she didn't want to stress herself at all. At least not any further.


She enjoyed her time in Vilnius and did not respond to him for the next 2 days. She opened the message app on her phone and, while packing, texted him a simple "I'm returning today". He responded after an hour : "May I pick you up from the airport?". She was pondering it, but eventually ended up texting him : "No, thank you.". No explanations, no excuses. 


She landed a few hours later at her destination. She took a taxi and reached home exhausted as her flight had a connection and waiting time of around 4 hours. She opened her bag and was putting her clothes for washing when William texted her again: "are you home safely?". She saw no harm done in answering him. "Yes, thank you". 


Wrong.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?