Subscribe:

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Reflections upon life

   Thinking of my present and my future, I figured out I am jealous of one thing: LANGUAGES! Several times I wish I could speak any weird language (for some, even useless), such as : Turkish Hindi, Bulgarian, Russian, Arabic, Dutch, and so much more...
   Yes, I have started learning Italian systematically (as much as my work schedule allowed me), but with all these ups and downs, I have put it aside (3nd time fucking life). My level is around A2. And something similar is my Czech. So, I do not consider myself as someone who speaks those languages. And if i can be honest here, I don't really believe I will ever speak any other language fluently rather than English (and Greek). Seems like I can get bits and bites from here and there. Maybe I rely to much on google translation (I don't even use data on my phone for my everyday communication).
   Something else I blame is my nature. I am not as outgoing as I was in the past (Nikos, you are not alone). I do not hangout with people who speak only Czech, only Italian or only Hindi (to push my limits). All speak English as well. And nobody is really willing to get more than 5 mins to answer questions or really teach those languages. I pay for Italian and now I am about to rethink how I will move on once my package is over (the company paid for it).

   Languages are the only thing that I have always been interested in. But my mind tells me that since I do not have any particular level until my age (when others speak 4 or even 5 languages), then I will never make it. Because it needs [1] time, which I had plenty in my teenage years, but also [2] money, which I hadn't.  Now it is vice versa more or less.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?