Subscribe:

Thursday, May 18, 2023

What is delayed PTSD ?

In 2013 I lost my brother in a car accident. A car hit him and he died instantly. Or that's what we were told. 
In 2022 I got into my mom's car as I was visiting Thessaloniki and once she started speeding, I begun crying very loudly. I panicked, I freaked out. That's when I went to the doctor and I was diagnosed with all the nice things I have, however on this example I am explaining you, this is the delayed PTSD. The moments of freak come to you years after a traumatic event. And you re-experience some event. 
I was not present on my brother's death of course, however the pain and grief I felt afterwards for many many years were intense. So, it seems that all the pain accumulated and was let go in an instance. And many other instances that I won't mention here. 

People think that PTSD has to do with war or murders maybe, but this is not the case. The anguish and fear I felt when I lost my closest brother was extreme. Because I lost a part of me. My family was broken apart. Life is not the same ever after. 

Do you have any events that stigmatized you? How do you cope?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?