Subscribe:

Monday, December 12, 2022

At the altar

 At the altar, she was ready to get married. Till the question popped up "anyone has any objection can speak now or be silenced forever"

- Don't do it Malena! 

A voice from the back of the church. Silence everywhere. 

She turns and looks at him. She cannot believe that he is present, at that day, there.

- Can I talk to you at least? says with trembling voice. 


She leaves the altar and they go out. The groom cannot believe his eyes but does not interfere. He stays there. Whispers all around.

- Go, he tells her.


- What are you doing here? she asks.

- I came to stop you from this mistake.

- You have no say in my life.

- I love you and I will love you.

- But we cannot be together. You have a family!

- I know, but I couldn t stop myself from coming here and talking to you. I am ready to leave everything behind for you.

- No! Your kids will hate me forever. And this man over there is the love of my life.

- I am the love of your life. 

- ...

- Tell me Malena. What are you thinking?

- You should go.

- Not before I kiss you, he tells her and grabs her.

- No, she says and pushes him away. 


She goes back inside.

- We can continue, she says and the groom's eyes are shimmering like no other time!


She got married and lived a happy life without her "love of her life". He would bother her from time to time, but she made it clear to him that this contact hurts her like nothing else and thus they gave an end to it few weeks later. And this love, did not survive to tell the story...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?