Subscribe:

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The wedding part 9

 The next day Jessica was in an accident. Her brakes went silent and she crushed her car on a wall with considerable speed. She had to be transported to the hospital where they did all the necessary check ups and found that she had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days and that she suffered a temporary amnesia. She had no memories of her own, nothing to remind her of who she was or what she was doing before the accident. They found her phone and notified her husband. 


Jacob rushed to the hospital and did not leave her side for hours upon hours. The doctors asked him not to worry as her amnesia would be just temporary but she had to remain admitted as she had to wait for her situation to improve. On top of that she had broken her leg and hurt her hand severely. Jacob took care of the remainders of the car and therefore he had to leave to go for some documentation. That s when her phone had a message from him "where are you?". She replied "In the hospital, I had an accident apparently, but I have some kind of amnesia. Who is this?"


Her phone had no sender. She couldn't remember that phone by heart although it reminded her of something! "Fuck, which hospital? Is he there, when can I come? This is Leo". And then one more:  "You remember me, right?". In fact she did not. Did she even have to answer this message? She was not sure. She left her phone aside and curled into the bed. The hospital felt cold. Who was she? She needed a nap.


She woke up with family members around her, as well as flowers for the get better soon wishes. Everyone was talking to her suddenly, and she felt dizzy. So she asked them to quiet down and they did. They were now talking again altogether, by whispering! As if that made any difference. This headache was super persistent. She had hit her head anyways. A nurse came to give her some medicine and asked them to disperse. They spoke to her for a while and her phone rang again: "I want to see you. Can I visit as a friend?". Could he? She couldn't remember a thing. Jacob was introduced to her by the doctors as her husband and then her whole family and friends by asking whom she did remember and whom not.  She decided to be honest : "I don' t remember you, I have family here".


The time passed and she received another message : " Read quickly and delete. This is Leo, we are in a relationship for the past 6 months, secretly. I love you like nothing else and I am worried about you. I need to see you".

She suddenly had a warm rush, a feeling of "knowingness". It was so familiar. But nope, still nothing about who Leo was. She remembered her name was Jessica and she quickly deleted the message. She had amnesia, she was not stupid. She had to meet this Leo guy, to see if it will spark anything as she was left feeling empty and aching with body pains. She asked Jacob and everyone who had stayed,  to go home to rest because she wanted to sleep. In fact, she texted Leo "West hospital, they are all leaving now, I ll be alone, but I feel tired". She needed rest and she had to sleep. She pressed ok on the delete confirmation and slept while holding her phone.


Half an hour later Leo was in the hospital with a bouquet of flowers. He had no card written so she could give any excuse she felt like if anyone saw. But no one would of course ask. 

- Jessica? he said softly, while touching her forehead. He didn't want to wake her up.

She woke up, opened her eyes. 

- Leo? Is that you?

- Do you remember me?

- No, but we were texting, I remember that. 

- Oh, I hoped you could remember me. 

- Sorry. 


He sat near her. 

- Are you in pain?

- I am not right now, I am hooked with medications.

- What happened to you? 

- They told me that I crushed into a wall. I was not texting, but ... now I remember! The breaks didn't work! she exclaimed.

- Oh poor thing, he said and kissed her forehead softly.

She felt warmth. She felt she knew him. She felt like she belonged to him. 

- What all do I need to know? she asked him.

- What do you mean? 

- How do I know you. I think you are famous?

- Ha, he laughed awkwardly. I am a singer, he said. But we met in a library. You love books!

- Ah yea, I remember I love books. What I don't remember is you.

- Ah yeah, let me help you, he said and kissed her lips gently. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is...?